Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Tuesday's Tip--tackle the mess, one foot at a time.

Okay, maybe those of you who are "young" Canadians, or British or Australian might tackle the mess one meter at a time.  But I still think in inches, feet, and miles, and even though Canada has officially adopted the metric system, (for quite a few years now) and I understand the difference, my mind refuses to change.

So what do I mean, tackle the mess, one foot at a time?
Exactly, what I said.
I start at one end of a room and slowly,
foot by foot, clean and organize. (And in this case, paint)
Pushing all my mess ahead of me.  ( I am not showing you this picture)

And leaving a clean organized room behind me.

When I get to the last few feet, I have a pile of mismatched items,
 that I either find a place for or pitch.

The main point is,
regardless of how you choose to tackle your mess, don't get overwhelmed.
Tackle it bit by bit and it will be easy to manage. 
 My studio space is 770 sq. ft.
minus a few "storage" bits, so it would have been easy to get lost in the mess. 
To avoid drowning in all that mess, I tackled it foot by foot.
and am slowly working my way to the door, 
When I get to the door...
 what does fit in the room will be tossed out.
And, as you can see from the picture.  I am making progress.

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment. I love to hear what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment,
If you would like to order any of these products,
please click on my shopping link at the side.
Thanks, again
Terry Ann