Thursday, July 31, 2014

CTMH August SOTM Blog Hop

Yep, it's that time of the month again.  
Time to see what creations me and my fellow Close to my Heart consultants have dreamed  up using the August SOTM (available only for the month of August and only through myself or your local CTMH Consultant)
Just before me,  was the talented Tina 

I must be honest the "owls" in this stamp set did nothing for me.  However, I loved the rest of the set.  So I put on my thinking cap and this is what I came up with
This was okay, but not really what I wanted.

So, here's my second attempt
Now, for me, this is more like it.
The first technique that made this candy box work.....stamp the pumpkins on colored cardstock.
duh...my first choice is to always stamp my image on daisy white or colonial white cardstock.
But this doesn't have to be the case.

I cut the container from our new paper fundamentals collection (Z2033)
then sponged the edges with cocoa ink to add some dimension,


I cut the base of the owl from cashmere cardstock and the "wings" from cocoa.

All in all, I think it turned out quite nicely.


Now, hop over to
to see her creations

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment. I love to hear what you think.

8 comments:

  1. Both are really cute. Thanks for showing how you constructed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic popcorn box. I loved using this as a loot bag at my daughter's birthday party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun projects. Love the layering that you did on both popcorn boxes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think both candy boxes turned out super cute! Thanks for sharing your tips with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! your candy boxes turned out fabulous! Very adorable, TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable! Great for a Fall get together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute use of Cricut cuts! Great projects!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment,
If you would like to order any of these products,
please click on my shopping link at the side.
Thanks, again
Terry Ann