Monday, May 7, 2012

Dotty meets journaling spots & 10 Things-pt#1

I love creating mini albums,
thinking of ways to meld two ideas together to come up with something new and fresh.
I found my inspiration for this little mini on Pinterest.
Click here to open Create with Connie and Mary in a new window and see their album.

This is the cover and since it's still May--the paper pack used is...."Dotty for You"

Supplies needed for this project

X5911    Black & Grey Shade Pack
X5900    Colonial White Cardstock
X5914   Light Yellow & Orange Shade Pack
C1474   10 Things stamp set
D1482   Love Life stamp set
              (this is my "go to" stamp set, I love the flourishes and accents in this set)
Z1686   Cricut Art Philosophy Cartridge (exclusive to CTMH & my most used cartridge)
X5900   Colonial White Cardstock
Z1366   Metal Asst. Brads
Z1336   Pearl Adhesive Gems
plus a cereal box to use for your cover
Click here to order now

this is how to assemble the cover
cut cereal box & paper as shown above

clip corners and adhere as shown
             (normally I would have made the paper an inch larger (all around) than the cereal box
               but I was running low on paper so I cheated.  It doesn't look too pretty now, but that's
               okay, because we are going to cover these edges)

 Mat the white onto the grey and then onto the black (this is for the cover)



stamp some large & small stars,
cut out and keep to use through out the album

Okay, this is where you do not want to do what I did.
I finished my cover and because I used brads & gems & 3D foam tape
it was hard to finish putting the album together.
So...put these supplies to the side and in part 2 I will show you how to  assemble the album


Here's a sneak peak at the finished album

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment,
If you would like to order any of these products,
please click on my shopping link at the side.
Thanks, again
Terry Ann