Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Weekend to End Women's Cancer

This past weekend I was at a craft retreat.  46 women attended this event and brought whatever craft they wanted to work on.  Each lucky lady had an eight foot table all to herself.  Meals were included, plus door prizes, plus a silent auction, plus a bake sale & tea on Saturday afternoon (this was open to the public and many came to admire the crafts on display)

From March 4, 2012


From March 4, 2012

This event is very dear to my heart
for a number of reasons
1.  It's a great cause
2.  It's a great way to accomplish a lot of projects
3.  You make new friends
4.  You can bring your sleeping bag & sleep on the stage
5.  It is held in the hall that my husband & I helped build.

This year made it more bitter sweet.
I completed my tower flag album of Brian's Spray Park
and one of the girls who organizes the weekend,
lost her husband to cancer the day before.
Many of the crafter their were sisters and friends of Brenda
and they were going to cancel the weekend
but at Brenda's request they went ahead with the event
and raised over $8,500 for women's cancer research

From March 4, 2012



I can't wait till next year
I have already booked a spot for my daughter and me
In fact, most of the spots are already booked.
However, if you are interested in attending,
leave me a comment and I will forward you more information
The cost for the weekend is $150 ($75 is a charitable donation)

From March 4, 2012

One final picture before I go
and a plea to all you paper crafters
Please!!!!! Consider joining us next year.
The quilters out numbered us 3 to 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment,
If you would like to order any of these products,
please click on my shopping link at the side.
Thanks, again
Terry Ann